Catergories


You are visitor no.:

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Making a Difference

This is taken from Gundam Seed, an anime I enjoyed very much. Though it is considered to be quite an old anime, I would recommend it to anyone who have yet seen it.

If one did nothing because he tells himself that he won't make a difference, he'd end up doing even less. Then nothing would change, and nothing would end.

I have always heard the people around me say things like, "Let him do it, he is stronger." or "what's the point of doing this? someone else will do it." so on and so forth. So what is he is strong, he would still appreciate the little bit of help he gets, and it makes a difference, and the task will be finished much sooner. If someone else can do it, why can't you? would you lose a piece of your flesh by doing something more than others? At the end of the day, who benefits most?

A friend of mine confided in me recently that she don't want to share her problems anymore. She finds it fruitless to share problems with her 'friends'. She told me that her friends abuses what she told them to hurt her. One thing is for sure, I would never call these people my friends if I was in her shoes, because I believe that true friends are people whom you can trust your life with, people who will never want to see you get hurt, and will come to your aid when you need them most. Because of this, she believes she should no longer trust her friends with such information. By believing that, she would do not try anymore as she thinks that it would not make a difference, and she will end up doing even less, and by negating this risk, she is negating herself the chance of finding the true friends she had been searching for all these years. Then nothing would change, and nothing can begin.

I hope everyone out there would never give up trying. Everyone is different in their own ways. I might be able to do things that you can't, but you are able to do things that i can't as well. This way, everyone will be able to a difference whether is it big or small, as together we make a difference. We should all fight for the things we wish most of, and never give up just because the path you walk is too tough to take. Because you are closest to success when you give up.


No comments: